Things we need to consider when Quoting or looking at Your Job
- What is the area you would like concreted
- Is there any excavation required or supply of base course etc.
- Is drainage going to be a factor, does it need a drainage sump
- Mesh is an option to help lessen the risk of cracking but does not guarantee this
- Is there access to place the concrete or will a concrete pump be required?
- What type of concrete would you like – plain, exposed aggregate, colour etc.
- What sort of finish, taking into account safety
- Would you like the concrete to be cut with standard cuts or decoratively to look like big tiles
- Do you have some existing concrete or a kerb that needs to be saw cut?
- If it is a new vehicle crossing there maybe the need for a Street Opening Permit to consider, which we can obtain from Council
- Is sealing your concrete an option?
Concrete Type Options
Standard plain concrete can look very natural and is cost effective.
A colour can be added to match or compliment your property to give an impressive finish. Ask for our colour range samples to see what's possible. They come in an oxide or a liquid form.
Exposed Aggregate Concrete mixes are available where round smooth decorative pebbles are used; they are then exposed by washing off the top layer of cement. As with other concrete, exposed aggregate is a natural product, made from natural materials, therefore you may get variations in the surface like sandy spots and inconsistent layout of the stones may appear.
Acid washing is a cleaning process that is used prior to sealing the concrete.
Concrete can be sealed to provide a better, brighter colour and increases resistance to weather and stains. Sealing the concrete also makes ongoing maintenance easier to clean due to less stains and surface moss. A non-slip glass bead can also be added to the sealer.
"We take pride in doing a quality job at a competitive rate..."